Vietnam Animal Aid
Hội An, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
VAAR is seeking a dedicated, highly-organized, experienced, and compassionate Shelter Manager and Vet Tech/Nurse to oversee the daily operations of our sanctuary in Hoi An, and help the organization expand into projects that will prevent animal suffering in central Vietnam.
The Manager will be working alongside the sanctuary’s Founder and Director to understand the intricate challenges and systemic solutions to preventing animal suffering.
Taking care of animals is much more than feeding them. A clean shelter is essential to ensuring the health of the animals, and as the Founder ran their own nonprofit veterinary clinic for several years, they will train you on how to maintain clinic standards.
When we have enough funding, we will re-start our mobile vet clinic for medical animal emergencies with local poverty-stricken families, as well as vaccination and sterilization community projects.
Vietnam's borders are now open and there are currently no COVID...
Remote (New York or Los Angeles, CA)
Remote in New York (preferred) or Los Angeles, CA
Initial Application Review: October 7, 2022
Farm Sanctuary is seeking a visionary and strategic Director of Events to plan, produce and manage all Farm Sanctuary events including a 2023 fundraising benefit.
The Director, Events oversees and manages the planning, production, design, management and implementation of a comprehensive events strategy that promotes increased visitation, affinity, and philanthropic support for the organization through events as a powerful experiential touchpoint. Leveraging Farm Sanctuary’s distinctive mission, brand, and identity, this position creates the annual schedule of events (live and virtual) which successfully engage the full range of organizational constituents, from first-time visitors to top supporters, fostering an awareness of and connection to farm animals as individuals and educating youth and adults about the lives of animals and interrelated issues of...
Legal Impact for Chickens seeks a litigator.
We're looking for the next attorney to help build our nonprofit and fight for animals.
Want to join our team on the ground floor?
Legal Impact for Chickens (LIC) is a 501(c)(3) litigation nonprofit. We work to protect farmed animals.
LIC's first case, a shareholder derivative suit against Costco executives for chicken neglect, appeared in The Washington Post, People, Yahoo News, Fox Business, CNN Business, and beyond.
Now, we’re looking for our next hire—An entrepreneurial litigator to help fight for animals!
Zealous, creative, enthusiastic litigator
Passion for helping farmed animals
Happy to roll up your sleeves and do all types of nonprofit startup work, beyond just litigation. You don’t need skills or experience in any other areas—only a willingness...
• To advance animal rights by representing PETA to all forms of media
• To oversee correspondence with media and advise staff on media interactions, including but not limited to outreach letters, arranging interviews and statements, Twitter pitches and other media outreach opportunities
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Handle incoming requests and inquiries from the media for interviews, statements, information, etc.
• Secure interviews and media outreach opportunities, ensuring that PETA's message reaches national audiences with maximum impact and exposure
• Write and edit official media statements and reaction letters, and send them to the appropriate media outlets
• Proactively research current events and designate appropriate spokespeople to complete media interviews
• Guide staff members in handling media requests and working with the media
• Supervise media interviews, including after-hours and weekend media requests
To process vendor payments weekly and other basic accounting duties
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Review, adjust, and export invoices submitted for payment into the accounting software
• Add and remove users from invoice software, assist users with questions and training, troubleshoot software issues and contact company for assistance when necessary
• Print, review and mail vendor checks weekly
• Send wire and ACH payments a couple times a week using the bank account website
• Print rush checks and/or send rush ACH or wire payments on an as needed basis
• Make general journal entries in the accounting software as necessary, including monthly entries for reoccurring items such as dog houses and Facebook ads
• Answer inquiries regarding paid and unpaid invoices
• Complete monthly entries and reconciliations of prepaid, deposit, and postage accounts
• Void checks and reverse invoices when corrections are required
The Fundraising Events Department is a fast-paced work environment that brings to life exclusive PETA donor-based fundraisers and other events supporting PETA's work. This department plans, manages, and executes a variety of PETA events (in-person and virtual) per year, and the Fundraising Events Assistant Coordinator is critical to keeping the department on track as well as assisting with the planning and coordinating of PETA’s fundraising events.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Support all team members with high-level administrative support
• Maintain confidential information and filing systems
• Establish and maintain good communication and relationships at all levels of the organization
• In relation to administrative work:
o Perform data entry
o Prepare correspondence, expense reports, financial requests, and other documents for the department
o Maintain event calendars, timelines, and reminder systems for each PETA event...
About the PETA Foundation Legacy Gifts Team:
Our close-knit team is comprised of dedicated individuals who work to assist special PETA supporters in funding the organization’s life-saving programs to help animals in need with unique giving opportunities. Through strategic marketing, relationship building, and interdepartmental collaboration, our team ensures PETA’s work for animals is possible far into the future. If you join our team, you will be changing the world for animals, one supporter at a time.
As a Legacy Gifts Assistant, you’ll provide vital administrative support to the PETA Foundation’s Legacy Gifts Department that enhances the cultivation and philanthropy of PETA’s supporters. You will maintain databases, prepare mailings to PETA members, fulfill requests for information and supplies, and complete special projects related to charitable giving while working remotely and from PETA’s Norfolk headquarters. The ideal candidate will be...
Animal Charity Evaluators
Remote (Remote; open to candidates in the U.S., Canada, and United Kingdom)
Application close date: September 30, 2022
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Salary: $79,749 USD annually
Location: Remote; open to candidates in the U.S., Canada, and United Kingdom
Paid leave (vacations and holidays): 30 days per year
As the Donor Relations Manager, you are responsible for raising funds to support the operations and programs of Animal Charity Evaluators (ACE) by securing major gifts from individual donors, foundations, organizations, and businesses. The Donor Relations Manager works closely with the Director of Philanthropy and the Philanthropy Officer and coordinates with other teams at ACE to cultivate and solicit support from new and existing donors.
Key areas of responsibility
Donor Relations and Fundraising
Defines and identifies current major donors
Conducts research on identified major donors and creates donor profiles
Develops and implements...
WHO WE ARE
The Humane League (THL) is a global nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food. THL fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, we’ve grown to a staff of 90+ talented individuals dispersed across the country and around the world.
The Humane League is launching a new national alliance of state and local animal protection and food policy advocacy groups that include animals raised for food among their legislative priorities. The purpose of this alliance is to facilitate sharing of resources and best practices, provide trainings, develop and coordinate strategies for public policy campaigns and provide the capacity building and support necessary for those strategies to succeed.
As the Senior Manager of Public Policy Campaigns, you will be accountable for...