Montgomery Heart & Wellness (MHW) is seeking an individual to provide one-on-one patient and wellness client counseling. This individuals will be responsible for nutritional counseling, patient education, fitness assessments, cardiac technical services, developing marketing materials and recruiting clients for wellness memberships.
About The Company:
Montgomery Heart & Wellness is medical practice combines state-of-the-art medicine with a comprehensive health and wellness intervention approach to health proven to reverse and even prevent serious cardiovascular disease in Houston.
Our onsite restaurant, Garden Kitchen, provides delicious, healthy prepared meals and snacks that align with the integrative approach to medicine implemented at the Montgomery Heart & Wellness Center.
We strive to make significant improvements in the prevention of cardiovascular disease through education and lifestyle changes of the general public, thereby reducing the prevalence of heart failure in our society.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide lectures, wellness presentations and food demonstrations
- Recruit new clients for wellness memberships
- Carry out general cardiac technician services (EKG’s, stress tests, ECP therapies, patient rooming and clinical evaluation, vital signs, other office based clinical testing and evaluations);
- Participate in outreach programs such as health fairs, satellite Garden Kitchen site locations, satellite wellness programs, marketing programs, etc.
- Spearhead marketing efforts by creating marketing materials, writing content, managing the blog and producing educational video.
- Generate ideas for product development and revenue generation
- Provide nutritional counseling and assist with creating a clinical treatment plan
- Consult with other clinical staff on nutrition management for individual patients
- Create education programs on nutrition, create/edit nutrition guides/manuals
- Research the effect of various foods and nutrients on the body
- Create and design comprehensive food plans and nutrition programs; Educate and advise a wide range of patients and wellness clients with various health disorders on the practical ways of improving their nutritional lifestyle
- Calculate patients’ nutritional requirements using standard equations based on assessments of blood chemistry, temperature, stress, mobility and other relevant factors
- Assist with analyzing the nutritional content of food of current and standard recipes and new food products produced by Montgomery Heart and Wellness (“MHW”) and The Garden Kitchen
- Assist with the creation of comprehensive food and recipe manuals and cookbooks.
- Assist with creating cost analyses of batch recipes for the creation of menu and food distribution prices.
- Assist with educating other healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, biochemists, social workers, care workers and community workers) about food and nutrition issues
- Assist with advising hospital culinary departments about the application of the MHW Food Prescription application for patients with various health conditions
- Learn all food preparation techniques of The Garden Kitchen
- Assist with new food designs and the development of new food preparation techniques of The Garden Kitchen
- Become well-versed and familiar with the MHW food classification system and food prescription techniques and assist with the further development of these systems and techniques.
Applicants with the following experience and qualifications will be considered:
- 1 to 3 years of wellness and nutrition experience
- Exceptional written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Registered Dietitian or Nutritional Subspecialist (preferred but, not required)
- Enjoys working both independently and with a team
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly in a fast-paced setting
- Able to learn quickly and be willing to work with wide variety of flexible environments and with different technology.
- Medical Office Experience a plus
- Vegan or Plant-based lifestyle a plus
- Health Coaching or Lifestyle Education experience a plus