PETA has the most-engaged social media audience of any advocacy organization. Sustain and grow PETA’s reach and online presence, be a visionary for PETA’s social efforts, and drive PETA’s messages, making sure they resonate with the public. Through innovative social media marketing, our Director of Digital Marketing will ensure our campaigns make a splash with influencers and the media, push forward PETA's edgy animal rights message, and are timely with current events and trends.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Supervise PETA's social media managers and live social media strategists
• Oversee PETA's presence on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Oversee PETA's live coverage on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (including for protests, celebrity photoshoots, events breaking news, and more)
• Oversee PETA's social media responding to the public and influencers
• Work with other PETA departments to collaborate on creative social media marketing initiatives
• Work with other marketing department managers (including for PETA's PETA Latino and peta2 programs) on implementing initiatives and new strategies
• Oversee research and analysis to support and monitor PETA's social media efforts
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Vice President of Marketing
• College degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of five years of online marketing and content marketing experience
• Minimum of two years of management experience
• Thorough understanding of complex marketing concepts and strategies
• Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven excellent project management, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
• Support for and knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
• Professional appearance and adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 6.5 million members and supporters.
PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in the food industry, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of rodents, birds, and other animals who are often considered “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.