Guest Services supports the day-to-day operations of The Homestead guesthouse, which include, but are not limited to:
hospitality, reservations, basic vegan food preparation, housekeeping and
shopping. Guest Services reports to the Donation Relations Manager, but works directly with the Homestead Manager. This is a part time position with occasional extra hours to cover vacation periods or assist with special events.
This position is responsible for creating a warm, welcoming environment for overnight guests. Because preparation of a vegan breakfast is required, applicants should be familiar with and comfortable discussing veganism and animal rights.
• Checks reservation system to confirm reservations and special needs
• Calls guest to confirm the details of their stay
• Communicates with other appropriate CAS staff to advise of guest tours
• Post-visit correspondence
• Shops, prepares and provides breakfast for guests according to agreed upon menu and budget
• Set-up and breakdown of morning breakfast for guests.
• Greets guests for check-in, provides entry to rooms, and orientates guests (explains rules)
• On-call for guest emergencies at The Homestead.
Housekeeping and Homestead Facilities Management:
• Regular housekeeping responsibilities, including; cleaning of guest rooms, bathrooms, and common areas, laundry, trash removal, re-stocking water for coolers, and detailed cleaning as per checklist.
• General upkeep out outside areas (porches, walkways, etc.)
• Notifies Facilities Manager of any maintenance issues or repairs
• Supports programs offered at The Homestead by assisting with set-up/clean-up for events when schedule permits.