PETA is looking for a strong writer who has an interest in celebrity culture who wants to combine their skills and interests in order to change the world for animals! This is a great opportunity for someone with experience writing for the internet and professional social media experience. You should have a passion for animal rights, work well as part of a team, and live an animal-friendly lifestyle. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment, bring positive energy to everything that she or he does, and be a champion for all animals. This position is based in our Bob Barker Building headquarters in Echo Park, Los Angeles and reports directly to the Senior Manager of Communications.
This position is to help PETA mine for data related to celebrity outreach and to help maximize the reach of celebrity partnerships marketing efforts and campaign launches online.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
• Research marketability of any possible celebrity partnerships and make outreach recommendations to celeb team.
• Liaise between Communications and Marketing to ensure marketing goals are being taking into consideration for all celebrity campaigns.
• Draft the celebrity campaign Features text and get approved by Communications managers.
• Draft encode text and send to Content Team for review. Liaise between AV/OVL and Marketing to make sure we have the correct encodes/YouTube link when projects launch.
• Let Marketing Content Team Producer and OVL know when to set features and YouTube videos live.
• Send around links to celebrity social media posts about their partnerships with PETA for positive comments. Also send along news’ social media posts as necessary.
• Complete project analyses: collect necessary information from Communications/Social Team/Content Team, compile and send to PETA Celeb Marketing distro within 30 days.
• Keep a calendar of all celebrity-related important dates (e.g. Grammy's, Oscars, Birth/Death anniversaries, etc.) and communicate with Marketing Content Team and Social media staff well in advance about nominations/appearances so we can prepare content/promotions.
• Send important celebrity-related TV clips to Marketing for possible promotions.
• Attend weekly and monthly Communications calls and relay any pertinent information to Marketing.
• College degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of two years of experience in online marketing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in celebrity culture, including social media influencers (should be able to name your favorite YouTube stars).
• Proven interest in and strong working knowledge of social media (should speak Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook as a second language).
• Demonstrated excellent writing skills and the ability to nail a specific voice.
• Demonstrated ability to think and strategize creatively.
• Extensive knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Self-starter with a proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Support for PETA's philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate PETA's positions on issues.
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Please apply online: