• To serve as the primary contact for members of PETA's recurring gift programs
• To process donations and maintain accurate, up-to-date records about PETA's recurring donors
Who is the PETA Foundation’s Sustainer Giving Team?
We are a group of dedicated individuals who work to assist PETA’s most committed supporters, those giving a monthly or annually recurring gift. Their support funds the organization’s life-saving programs to help animals in need including; the Investigations and Rescue Fund, PETA-supported aid group Animal Rahat, our low-cost veterinary clinics and chained dog relief programs. Our team handles all aspects of the sustainer donor relationship including meaningful donor communication and making updates to vital supporter information. The Sustainer Giving team keeps our donors engaged and informed on how their commitment is paying off for animals. If you join our team, you will be changing the world for animals, one supporter at a time!
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• In consultation with PETA and in verified compliance with the objectives, standards, and requirements communicated by it:
o Accurately input account information for automatic payments for PETA's recurring gift programs
o Input PETA members' demographic information and donations for PETA's recurring gift programs
o Act as the primary contact for all phone calls, e-mail and written correspondence pertaining to PETA recurring donor information, handling updates and campaign concerns in a timely manner
o Review and process declined/returned donation reports for contacting PETA donors to request updated information
o Handle outbound calling to PETA's recurring donors for donor-retention purposes and to maintain updated account information for automatic payments
o Maintain proper posting of comment files to recurring donor records from telemarketing vendors
• Assist the supervisor in monitoring daily workflow in order to ensure file maintenance and prompt processing of PETA donations, acknowledgments, and other correspondence
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Three years of accounting or data-entry experience
• Working knowledge of database mail-merge systems
• Demonstrated knowledge of animal rights issues and current PETA campaigns
• Proficiency with a 10-key calculator
• Ability to type accurately at a minimum of 35 words per minute
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
• Proven excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• COVID-19 full vaccination and booster recommended
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 6.5 million members and supporters.
PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in the food industry, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of rodents, birds, and other animals who are often considered “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.