As the PETA Business Friends Manager, you are a fundraiser with a unique opportunity to be creative and share your enthusiasm for discovering vegan/cruelty-free companies and the products that they sell. You will manage the PETA Business Friends (PBF) program and related stewardship activities, develop and deploy prospecting projects for new partners as well as tactics to retain existing ones, and leverage your relationships with companies to support PETA’s work.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• In consultation with PETA and in verified compliance with the objectives, standards, and requirements communicated by it:
o Manage and oversee operations of the PETA Business Friend program and Neighborhood PBF
o Develop and propose customized strategies and leverage your relationships with companies to support PETA’s work via in-kind product donations and major gifts
o Oversee and develop PBF program benefit packages and stewardship cultivation efforts for PETA US and its international entities including the monthly Shopping Guide Email, PETA Mall website, PETA Coupon page, PETA Business Friends webpage, and PETA Mall social media
o Increase revenue by acquiring new business partners and retaining current partners
o Research and test new prospecting initiatives, and deploy initiatives for new partner acquisitions
o Actively promote PBF, Neighborhood PBF, and other corporate giving programs
o Meet with companies regularly and respond quickly to a copious amount of messages from business partners, prospects, and inbound general inquiries
o Maintain PBF and donor databases, excel and tracking documents
Establish and maintain strong professional relationships with staff at all levels of PETA and the PETA Foundation, and with PETA’s business partners
o Present an internal benchmark and progress report recap meeting quarterly
o Assist in managing the Corporate Giving staff as directed by the supervisor
• Travel as necessary for events, trade shows, and other opportunities representing the Corporate Giving Department
• Stay current on other corporate giving programs and best practices in corporate relations
• Attend protests and demos, as needed to help spread PETA’s message
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Minimum of three years experience in nonprofit fundraising, corporate giving, or philanthropic business partnerships
• Proven ability to maintain professional working relationships with members, supporters, and business partners
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines in a professional manner
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
• Professional appearance, adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle, and experienced in vegan/cruelty-free shopping
• Ability to represent PETA's philosophy and professionally advocate PETA's positions on issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. drivers' license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
• COVID-19 full vaccination and booster recommended
• Proficiency with a variety of Microsoft Office programs, Engaging Networks, Asana, and WordPress
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
The hourly pay range for this position is $20.00 - $24.74 per hour. The ultimate hourly pay within this range that will be offered to a qualified candidate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and the cost of living in the area in which the candidate will live and work.
A list of benefits available to qualified employees is available here.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 6.5 million members and supporters.
PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in the food industry, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of rodents, birds, and other animals who are often considered “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.