Woodstock Farm Sanctuary rescues farmed animals and gives them care and sanctuary, connects animals with people to advance veganism, and advocates for animal rights in alliance with other social justice movements. We welcome visitors to come and meet animals who are most commonly exploited, abused, and killed in animal agriculture. Our animal residents are given lifelong sanctuary and are treated with respect as individuals. By giving farmed animals the chance to live their lives with dignity and by sharing their stories, we advocate for veganism and aim to reduce suffering for all.
Minimum commitment of 3 months
Biweekly stipend of $50 per week
Flexible during the week, Saturdays and some Sundays required based on events
Hours per week
The Marketing Intern will help support the departmental needs of the Marketing and Communications team. This internship will sometimes require attending local off-site events with your own transportation. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
· Assisting with the organization of in-house digital and print marketing materials
· Helping generate photography and videography content when needed
· Tabling at community events such as farmers markets and vegfests alongside staff and volunteers
· Supporting weekend tour season staff when applicable
· Identifying new marketing trends and social media user behaviors to aid in creative brainstorms
· Providing design and editing support (dependent on intern’s skillset)
· Organizing data and insights from social media
· Observing and helping with external press/photography tours
· Assisting with any administrative tasks related to marketing and communications
Experience + Qualification
· Strong sense of affinity with the mission and goals of Woodstock Sanctuary
· Marketing and communications experience helpful
· Friendly and outgoing with strong communication skills
· Basic computer skills and experience with online research
· Familiarity with social media apps preferred
· Desire to learn or experience with online management platforms and organization tools (i.e. Monday, Dropbox)
· Photography, videography, design a plus
· Comfortability around large animals or experience around farmed animals a plus
· Must be a good team player
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Interns may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This position can involve standing and sitting for hours at a time, interacting with farmed animals, moving around the large Sanctuary property for content generation and other purposes, but is flexible based on abilities. Please specify or ask any questions in your application.
Send resume and cover letter to Lizz Truitt.
We regret that the number of applicants allows us to respond only to those candidates whom we are interviewing. No phone calls, please.
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer, committed to values of diversity and inclusion. We are an actively anti-racist organization. BIPOC individuals are encouraged to apply.
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary envisions a peaceful world rooted in respect and justice for all living beings. We rescue farmed animals and give them care and sanctuary, connect animals with people to advance veganism, and advocate for animal rights in alliance with other social justice movements.
At the heart of our mission is the hands-on work of rescuing, rehabilitating and caring for farmed animal refugees, advocating for animal rights, and educating the public about these issues.