The Campaigner’s mission is to bring attention to animal rights issues and further PETA’s work for animals through cutting-edge campaigns. Campaigners serve as spokespeople and represent PETA by conducting interviews, coordinating with activists across the country, organizing and attending street-theater-style protests, while tracking the success of campaigns and strategizing accordingly. This position requires extensive travel and applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to HR prior to starting.
To manage PETA's many cutting-edge campaigns and work with activists across the country to bring attention to animal rights issues
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and manage cutting-edge campaigns against companies and industries that abuse animals
• Organize and attend street-theater–style protests worldwide
• Track and analyze the success of demonstrations and media events and strategize accordingly
• Act as a PETA spokesperson and conduct interviews with local and national television outlets, radio stations, newspapers, and magazines
• Maintain relationships with local activists and help them develop the skills they need to speak out for animals
• Work with the PETA Foundation's Production Department to create provocative materials that further animal rights or push companies to change
• Work with PETA's affiliates in Europe, India, and the Asia-Pacific region to generate international support for animal rights campaigns
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years of grassroots activism experience
• Previous public speaking experience
• Proven thorough knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
• Proven desire and willingness to participate in provocative campaigns
• Proven excellent project management, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
• Proven exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Professional appearance and adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver's license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
• Support for PETA's philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate PETA's positions on issues
• This position requires proof of the COVID-19 full vaccination and booster
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $64,480 annually. The ultimate salary within this range that will be offered to a qualified candidate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and the cost of living in the area in which the candidate will live and work.
A list of benefits available to qualified employees is available here.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 6.5 million members and supporters.
PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in the food industry, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of rodents, birds, and other animals who are often considered “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.