To travel extensively with PETA’s Abduction virtual-reality campaign in order to reach college students and young people about animal experimentation and PETA’s youth program, Students Opposing Speciesism.
What to Expect:
PETA is seeking an outgoing, energetic crew member as a part of an education and youth-outreach crew taking a “UFO” to campuses nationwide to bring an alien abduction experience to students. This is a temporary, traveling position, and you are expected to be able to travel starting extensively and live on the road until the completion of the tour, at which time the position will come to an end (though we may consider you for our next tour if things go well!). In addition to hourly pay, a food stipend is given to each tour crew member and hotel and travel costs are paid.
As part of this team, you will represent PETA and deliver a compelling message against cruelty to animals to young people that will inspire them to relate to animals used for experimentation. At college campuses or other public spaces, you'll run people through a virtual-reality experience, distribute literature, encourage people to get active for animals, and help provide a moving experience about animal rights.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Driving from stop to stop on Abduction tour
• Doing animal rights outreach for 5+ hours a day
• Coordinating meetups with student groups on campus and representing PETA to the public
• Working with other tour crew members on administrative tasks (like expense reports, nightly reports, inventory reports) and more
• Coordinate the travel logistics for assigned tours and events
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Ability to travel full-time and extensively
• Proven knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to initiate conversations about animal rights and communicate effectively with a variety of people
• Ability to work well with people of all ages and backgrounds
• Prepared and able to commit to working outside in all weather conditions
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Adherence to a healthy vegan diet
• Able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
• Ability and willingness to drive far distances
• Ability to walk and stand for several hours at a time
• Supportive of PETA's philosophy and the ability to advocate PETA's positions on issues
• This position requires proof of the COVID-19 full vaccination and booster
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver’s license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
The hourly pay range for this position is $15.00 - $18.33 per hour. The ultimate hourly pay within this range that will be offered to a qualified candidate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and the cost of living in the area in which the candidate will live and work.
A list of benefits available to qualified employees is available here.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 6.5 million members and supporters.
PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in the food industry, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of rodents, birds, and other animals who are often considered “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.