To coordinate demos, tours and campaign projects for PETA's Campaigns Division
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Coordinate a wide variety of projects in support of PETA's campaigns
• Conduct research, writing, and analysis in support of PETA's campaigns
• Assist campaigners, tour crew, and other department members with high-level administrative tasks
• Prepare and send reports detailing tour crew activity and success
• Communicate with tour crew members to coordinate tour needs such as permitting, shipping materials, etc
• Conduct research and analysis on campaign targets
• Keep informed about local and national news stories and track stories relevant to the campaigns
• Develop and manage specific projects as determined by campaigns manager and other stakeholders
• Travel when necessary to coordinate, attend and support demonstrations and events
• Work with the PETA Foundation's Production Department to create provocative materials to further animal rights or push companies to change
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years of high-level administrative support experience
• Ability to work Thursday – Monday, with Tuesdays and Wednesdays off
• Demonstrated knowledge of animal rights issues and current PETA campaigns
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with activists
• Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proven excellent research and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to communicate with a variety of people in a professional and personable manner
• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Professional appearance and adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle
• This position requires proof of the COVID-19 full vaccination and booster
• Willingness and ability to travel to demonstrations and events
• Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver's license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
• Support for PETA's philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate PETA's positions on issues
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
The hourly pay range for this position is $17.35 - $21.45 per hour. The ultimate hourly pay within this range that will be offered to a qualified candidate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and the cost of living in the area in which the candidate will live and work.
A list of benefits available to qualified employees is available here.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 6.5 million members and supporters.
PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in the food industry, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of rodents, birds, and other animals who are often considered “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.