We are looking for a baker, preferably with experience in production and/or vegan baking.
You will be responsible for baking large quantities of muffins, cookies, brownies and scones for the following day. You will also help in prep bulk recipes.
We are vegan bakery with a long tradition in pastry and savory baking and we are looking for new team members due to expansion of our business.
We have both full-time and part-time positions available. The positions are hourly and performed during the day starting at 10am.
• scaling, mixing and preparing dough and batters
• baking sweet/savory treats, fresh everyday
• ensuring all baked goods are completed on time
• must maintain our high quality standards
• must be timely, clean and efficient
• maintaining organized and clean work stations
• willing to work weekday and weekend shifts
• ability to read and follow recipes
• be capable of producing large quantity batches
• ability to lift 50 lbs and work on your feet for 8 hours
• good organizational skills
• ability to meet deadlines
• must have positive attitude and be willing to learn
At Body & Soul Bakeshop, our small, diverse staff collectively value earth care, people care, community & high-quality foods. We have been crafting uncommonly delicious vegan baked goods and sharing them with our NYC community since 1993. We strive to create the best tasting, most wholesome products. Our baked goods never contain artificial ingredients, trans fats or unhealthy cholesterol. We use the best seasonal, locally sourced, non-GMO, organic ingredients whenever possible, and work with suppliers that share our values of sustainability and social responsibility. All of our great tasting food is carefully handcrafted in small batches at our Brooklyn kitchen and delivered fresh to you to ensure gourmet quality.