Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is seeking a part-time weekend Kiosk Attendant
Location: High Falls, NY
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary rescues farmed animals and gives them care and sanctuary, connects animals with people to advance veganism, and advocates for animal rights in alliance with other social justice movements. We welcome visitors to come and meet animals who are most commonly exploited, abused, and killed in animal agriculture. Our animal residents are given lifelong sanctuary and are treated with respect as individuals. By giving farmed animals the chance to live their lives with dignity and by sharing their stories, we advocate for veganism and aim to reduce suffering for all.
Start Date: Saturday, May 6th, 2023
End Date: Mid-November 2022
Pay Rate: $18/hour
Schedule: Saturdays 9:00AM – 3:30PM
Hours per week: 6.5
The Part-Time Kiosk Attendant / Greeter is a seasonal, public-facing position that serves as the first point of contact for visitors to Woodstock Farm Sanctuary. This position will ensure that all visitors have tickets for entry and direct vehicles to the visitor parking lot. The Kiosk Attendant / Greeter should be a friendly and clear communicator with strong customer service skills.
· Set-up kiosk and road signage for being open
· Welcome and check in visitors by cross-referencing ticket list
· Answer questions about hours of operation, tour times and parking in person and on the phone
· Recommend Woodstock Sanctuary Memberships and direct to Visitor Center for sign-up
· Communicate rules and ticketing requirements to visitors
· Direct all other guests appropriately
· Communicate with weekend staff via walkie talkie and phone
· Reset kiosk and road signage for being closed
Skills & Experience
· Strong customer service skills and experience
· Basic computer skills
· Able to work Saturdays, May through November
· Some flexibility with hours (special weekend events may require modified hours)
· Reliable transportation
· Knowledge of and commitment to the Woodstock Sanctuary mission, or the willingness to learn more about the mission quickly
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Kiosk Attendant / Greeter will work at Woodstock Farm Sanctuary’s site in High Falls, New York, 90 minutes from NYC in the beautiful Hudson Valley region. This is a part-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Education Manager.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Anna Balser
No phone calls please. We regret that the number of applications make it so that we can only respond to those candidates chosen for interviews.
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer, committed to values of diversity and inclusion. We are an actively anti-racist organization. BIPOC individuals are encouraged to apply.
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary envisions a peaceful world rooted in respect and justice for all living beings. We rescue farmed animals and give them care and sanctuary, connect animals with people to advance veganism, and advocate for animal rights in alliance with other social justice movements.
At the heart of our mission is the hands-on work of rescuing, rehabilitating and caring for farmed animal refugees, advocating for animal rights, and educating the public about these issues.