Curia on the Drag in Gainesville, Florida is seeking an amazing baker to join our team! The position is part-time; 2-3 shifts a week.
Prior professional experience or training preferred, especially in vegan baking. Must understand daily production, can work with deadlines, how to follow and organize recipes in a clean and organized workspace.
Applicants should be clean, hard working, team oriented, but self-motivated and enthusiastic. You must be willing to work weekends.
- Must be clean, organized and detailed oriented
- Must be familiar with standard production methods, and able to read and follow recipes
- Candidate must be able to lift 50# and be able to stand for 6-8 hours
- Ability to adhere to production charts and prep lists
- Heightened sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Able to take direction and constructive criticism in a professional manner
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Possess strong multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities
- Must have good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments due to importance
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in high-pressure situations
- Candidate with recipe development and/or vegan and gluten-free baking will be given preference
What you’ll do:
- Prepare delicious breakfast pastries, cookies, cupcakes, cakes, chia pudding and smoothie bowls that are healthy, happy and delicious
- Maintain order and cleanliness in kitchen area
- Work with team to ensure that all special orders are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Work with team member to develop a menu that best suits the needs of guests
This position offers GREAT potential for growth and promotions within the company. Pay is based on experience.
If you think you’re a match for us, please email a cover letter, your resume, and 3 references (2 professional). Any replies without all three will be disregarded immediately. Please no phone calls.