We are looking for a smart, creative, and analytically-minded animal advocate to join the PETA Latino team. You'll promote animal rights to the Latino community through PETA Latino's website, petalatino.com, and elsewhere on the Internet. Show off your experience coordinating and promoting content for a brand, have deep understanding of the animal rights movement and latino culture, and live a cruelty-free, vegan lifestyle.
Coordinate PETA Latino’s content including, action alerts, pledges, features, blogs, and investigations
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Build features, and blog posts in Wordpress
• Coordinate all PETA Latinos online content
• Gather content for and build PETA Latino
• Coordinate PETA Latino’s sensitive and confidential investigations including web copy and video assets
• Maintain the PETA Latino content calendar and keep track of holidays for which content is needed
• Assist with PETA Latino's homepage placement
• Track and analyze Web traffic and conversions to ensure the success of online campaigns and make changes in strategy accordingly
• Complete reports pertaining to online content and video performance
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Fluency in English, Spanish and Spanglish (speaking, reading, and writing)
• Proven interest in and strong working knowledge of Latino culture
• Demonstrated extensive knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
• Interest and ability to adapt to new technologies
• Proven ability to conduct and analyze marketing research
• Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proven excellent project-management, organizational, strategic-thinking, and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 6.5 million members and supporters.
PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in the food industry, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of rodents, birds, and other animals who are often considered “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.