PAN runs various vegan pledge programs in cities across the country. The Vegan Pledge program guides people through 30 days of being vegan with the program’s hands-on support. This support includes five weekly meetings consisting of cooking demonstrations, speakers addressing environmental, ethical, health, and practical issues, a mentor (experienced vegan), optional social events for even more support, and an incredible care package to make 30 days of being vegan that much easier. The program is entirely free for participants.
PAN is hiring a vegan pledge program manager for its various vegan pledge programs. The program manager will
• answer questions and provide support for several local program organizers within and outside of the Philadelphia metropolitan area;
• request in-kind donations;
• act as a task manager for local organizers;
• make suggestions for program improvements and efficient program expansion;
• create and/or update templates and sample documents;
• assist PAN in organizing information from prior vegan pledge programs;
• collect information and compile reports about completed programs.
Job qualifications include:
• Vegan for at least one year and interested in helping people go vegan
• Lives in or near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Experience with grass roots or nonprofit organizations
• Excellent organizational and supervisory skills
• Familiar with Excel
• Familiar with Facebook, Twitter, and/or other social media