As a Fundraising Assistant, you have a unique opportunity to provide the PETA Foundations’ Corporate Giving Department with administrative support and share your enthusiasm for fundraising and discovering vegan/cruelty-free companies. You will maintain databases, develop social media accounts, PETA websites and third party fundraising websites.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
In consultation with PETA and in verified compliance with the objectives, standards, and requirements communicated by it:
• Assist with basic processes relating to Corporate Giving programs including PETA Business Friends, the ‘PETA-Approved Vegan’ certification and third-party fundraising efforts.
o Correspond with companies and build fundraising relationships
o Maintain PETA Business Friends benefit fulfillment and onboarding
o Support aspects of donor engagement in the social-media and website environment. Maintaining cultivation platforms including the PETA Mall website, its Facebook and Twitter pages, PETA’s coupon page, email campaigns and others.
o Perform research projects on prospective companies and assemble data reports
• Assist with maintaining third-party fundraising accounts
• Discover new company prospects and actively promote the PETA Business Friends and other corporate giving programs
• Draft responses to inquiries about a wide range of fundraising and animal rights topics and respond to inbound e-mails from PETA supporters, fundraisers, and third-party organizations
• Maintain departmental databases and archives
• Draft letters and assist with updating companies on their benefit fulfillment
• Establish and maintain good communication and relationships at all levels of the organization and PETA and with PETA’s business partners
• Perform any other duties or special projects assigned by the supervisor
• Minimum of two years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, administrative support, corporate giving or philanthropic business partnerships.
• Professional experience with social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
• Proven excellent project management, strategic thinking and ability to meet multiple deadlines and organize tasks.
• Experience with data entry and database-maintenance systems
• Proficiency with a variety of Microsoft Office programs and WordPress
• Proven excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Professional appearance, adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle, and familiarity with vegan/cruelty-free shopping.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 6.5 million members and supporters.
PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in the food industry, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of rodents, birds, and other animals who are often considered “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.