Full-Time Social Media Engagement Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
To be PETA’s eyes and ears on the Internet. You will engage with high-profile social-media accounts on behalf of PETA.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
• Using a social-media monitoring tool, you will closely monitor celebrity and other influential accounts on social media for mentions of PETA and animal rights, looking for opportunities to help build relationships and extend PETA’s reach on social media and also sharing trends and tweets with staff across the organization.
• You will work with PETA’s Hollywood outreach team to perfect replies and maximize potential.
• Working with our social-media intern and the rest of the social-media team, you will be responsible for making sure that members of the general public who tweet at PETA get a reply within 24 hours. This often means pitching in yourself (especially when the Internet is in an uproar over PETA’s latest media stunt), so knowledge about PETA and animal rights is a must.
• You know that social-media success depends on acting in real time, so when a celebrity tweets PETA asking for a vegan restaurant recommendation in Fort Lauderdale, you’ll be quick to reply with how great @SublimeVeg is (even if it’s 9 p.m. on a Saturday night). If you’re looking for a 9-to-5 job just to support your vegan cupcake habit, keep on looking.
• Part of your day will be spent brainstorming with others on the social-media team to help find new ways to reach people on social media.
• Of course, you’ll also perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• To start things off, you’ll need experience managing social-media pages with proven success in fostering engagement.
• A large portion of this job will be engaging with celebrities. If you aren’t celebrity-savvy and they don’t interest you, this isn’t the position for you. But on the other hand, don’t expect to get anyone’s autograph.
• If you know about PETA, you know that we always have A LOT going on at once! You must have the proven ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
• On social media, you have about three seconds (and 140 characters) to grab someone’s attention, so every detail counts, even the punctuation! We need someone who has a special way with words.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail will help you keep everything on track, so résumés with grammar or other errors will be rejected. Sorry, but we can’t risk it.
• Many people say that they “thrive under pressure,” but this position has no shortage of tight deadlines, so you must really be able to crank out high-quality work within short timeframes.
• You’re going to be working quickly, often without supervision. Other times, you will have every word in a tweet scrutinized by a handful of people. We need a self-starter with the proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• This position is responsible for getting our message out to particularly important people, so you must know PETA campaigns and animal rights issues inside and out.
• You must support PETA’s philosophy and have the ability to professionally advocate our positions on issues.
• Naturally, you’d need to be committed to the objectives of the organization, and living a vegan lifestyle would be a part of this. How else would you know who really makes the best vegan cheese?
How to Apply
Please apply online:
843 total views, 4 today