Full-Time Social Media Coordinator – peta2
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
PETA is looking for a smart, creative, and analytically minded animal advocate to help manage and support our growing youth initiatives across a variety of social-media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter. This is a great opportunity for an experienced social-media expert who’s looking to use his or her skills to help save the lives of animals big and small. You should have experience managing Facebook and Twitter channels for a brand or content producer, have extensive knowledge of the animal rights movement and teen culture, work well as part of a team, and live a cruelty-free, vegan lifestyle.
Responsibilities include the grueling chore of posting photos of the cute dogs in the office and the drool-inducing task of tweeting about delicious vegan foods that you didn’t get to eat. The primary responsibility, however, is managing peta2′s Twitter, which has more than 50,000 followers, and our Tumblr and Pinterest accounts—which will have more followers with you at the helm. Through these accounts you would be leading the effort to share PETA’s work—including our victories, rescue stories, and breaking investigative news—with our youth supporters and encouraging them to get active for animals by participating in campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment, bring positive energy to everything that he or she does, and be a champion for all animals. This position is based in our Bob Barker Building headquarters in Los Angeles and reports directly to the manager of youth marketing.
More information about this position:
To coordinate peta2′s social-media posts and presence
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist with the management of peta2′s social-media presence across a variety of social-media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
• Write content, take photos, and create images to be posted on social-media profiles
• Coordinate with departments across the organization on social-media initiatives
• Track and analyze peta2′s social-media efforts in order to consistently increase effectiveness and participation
• Research current trends in social media and apply those principles and strategies to peta2′s efforts
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• College degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of two years of professional social-media and online-marketing experience
• Proven interest in and strong working knowledge of social media
• Extensive knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
• Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in youth culture
• Sophisticated understanding of the creative process
• Proven ability to conduct and analyze marketing research
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven excellent project-management, strategic-thinking, and analytical skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-starter with a proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines
• Professional appearance and adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle
• Support for PETA’s philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate PETA’s positions on issues
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
How to Apply
Please apply online:
734 total views, 1 today