NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Tree of Life Cafe is a world renowned restaurant serving daily buffets of 100% organic, low-glycemic, live food. Our Cafe is seeking a chef with culinary experience in vegetarian, vegan, and live food emphasis (preferred). Training in Rainbow Green Live Cuisine will be provided. This position requires a strong spiritual background, exceptional communication skills, and the desire to become an integral part in our small spiritual community.
Chef Instructors are also responsible for stewarding the Tree of Life’s phase 1 and 1.5 recipes and teaching these recipes to the Tree of Life Cafe’s apprentices. The apprentice program is designed to train chefs to carry the Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine healing legacy out into the world. As such, Chef Instructors must be proficient in all aspects of live-food preparation, Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine, and general kitchen skills and be capable and teaching and inspiring future Tree of Life Certified Chefs. Ideal applicants have both live-food chef and teaching/training experience in a live-food kitchen.
Benefits and Compensation for Full Time Employment (in addition to minimum wage pay):
- All meals, every day, from the Tree of Life Café. We offer organic, mostly-local raw plant-source only entrees, prepared salads, fermented foods, nut mylks, breakfasts, desserts, breads and crackers, juices, wheatgrass, and much more.
- Access to two group meditations per day, as well as evening programs such as spiritual Q&A and kirtan. Evening meditations and programs are led by Gabriel Cousens, M.D. when he is here.
- Pending on your work schedule, access to prana-building classes most days, including Kali Ray TriYoga® taught by Shanti Golds Cousens and other TOL yoga instructors and Qi Gong classes.
- Access to our facilities – infrared sauna, hot tubs, pool, nature trails and sun decks.
- Access to community events such as new moon inipi sweat lodges, musical group concerts, dance events, parties, guest speakers and lectures, and much more.
- After a period of employment, discounts in the store on food items, body products, superfoods, books and snacks, as well as discounts in our Natural Pharmacy.
- After a period of employment, discounts on all spa treatments and medical services, including doctor consultations, spinal alignment treatments, as well as colonics, massage and more.
- After a period of employment, discounts on Tree of Life programs, the Essene Priesthood program, and the Masters Degree in Plant-Source-Only Live Food Nutrition program.
- The priceless joy and support of being surrounded with a rural community of 75+ people who are live food enthusiasts and spiritually oriented!
How to Apply
For more information and application click here: http://www.gabrielcousens.com/OPPORTUNITIES/EMPLOYMENT/tabid/2566/language/en-US/Default.aspx
All applicants must include (1) the Tree of Life Application, (2) a resume, and (3) a current photo. Applications missing one or more of these requirements will not be processed.
818 total views, 1 today