3 Jan 2013
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Perform processes in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Accounting and Cost Accounting as necessary.
- Perform data entry of accounts payable invoices and the timely payment of accounts payable invoices. Maintain the integrity of the general ledger for accounts payable.
- Maintain and perform journal entries to ensure the accuracy of the accounts payable ledger balances.
- Assist in the performing of the month-end closing processes including but not limited to preparing journal entries and performing account analysis.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly account analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time, often on short notice.
- Adhere to Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, maintain the applicable narratives of the internal controls over financial reporting, and perform periodic testing of the processes.
Required Experience / Skills:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or a related business major and 0-2 years accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed assets preferred.
- Ability to build rapport with internal and external clients to establish a strong professional relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change and adapt quickly to a rapidly changing working environment.
- Time management skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage conflicting key priorities.
- Demonstrate some accounting/ financial experience.
- Minimum of Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
308 total views, 1 today