Uplands PEAK is seeking a full-time Animal Care Giver
Uplands PEAK is a small but rapidly growing Sanctuary amidst a huge animal agriculture setting. This is a wonderful opportunity to join our grass roots movement and be a part of building an amazing sanctuary and making a difference.
The right person could have many options within the organization as PEAK continues to grow.
This is a dirty and challenging job involving heavy physical labor in all weather conditions. Additionally, it is emotionally challenging work. The Sanctuary Assistant will work weekends and some holidays. Reliable transportation required.
You will enjoy this job if you are a very hard worker, flexible, truly love all animals, and are committed to liberation for farmed animals.
The Animal Care Giver will be responsible for all aspects of daily animal care including the following:
Providing food and water for animals
Meticulously cleaning barn, stalls, and coops
Following veterinary care treatment plans in accordance with directions
Participating in hoof trimming, ear cleaning, grooming, and similar care
Helping to maintain buildings and fences
Helping to maintain grounds and pastures
Training and working with volunteers
Assisting with tours and special events
Advocating for veganism
Maintaining records for each individual animal
Regularly contributing content for social media and website
Other administrative tasks as needed
Ideal Candidate is:
· Committed to and persistent in carrying out PEAK’s mission, vision, and values
· Experience caring for rescued farmed animals Content working in solitude, but also comfortable working with others
· Able to understand and precisely follow oral and written directions
· Extremely observant; able to notice and communicate subtle changes in animals’ appearance and behavior
· Able to work in a busy and ever-changing environment
· Calm under pressure
· Advocate for veganism and animal liberation
· Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions
Additionally, the candidate must have a valid driver’s license, pass a criminal background check, and be willing to work long hours including weekends, some holidays, and possible overnights.
Hourly pay is based on previous experience. The position will be eligible for a week’s paid vacation after 6 months of employment.
This position does not currently include on-site housing, but the right candidate may be offered on-site housing at a future point in time.
TENTATIVE START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE