To obtain employment at factory farms and slaughterhouses in order to document conditions. Investigators must be prepared to witness unimaginable cruelty and engage in intense manual labor while maintaining their composure and cover to gather information necessary to expose and stop farmed animal abuse.
- Conduct thorough research on various farmed animal welfare issues and agricultural practices and facilities
- Apply for and obtain employment in the animal agriculture industry, including factory farms, hatcheries, livestock markets, and slaughterhouses
- Using hidden cameras, thoroughly document conditions and practices in the above mentioned facilities, paying particular attention to animal welfare issues
- Maintain daily records and communications with the director of investigations during the course of the investigation
- Review, compile and transmit footage, photographs and notes to the director of investigations
- Retain strict cover and confidentiality in relation to all cases and any other sensitive information before, during, and after each case
- While undercover, meet or exceed all expectations of the agricultural facility while maintaining cover and following all federal and local laws
- Be available to meet with law enforcement and provide testimony for all legal proceedings resulting from a case.
- The highest level of personal integrity, intelligence, responsibility, and intestinal fortitude
- Capability to operate independently in physically and emotionally grueling environments
- Extensive travel required
- Ability to use discretion in confidential matters relating to cases
- Exceptional research and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of factory farming, animal husbandry practices, and animal welfare issues
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Strong preference given to multilingual individuals
Please apply online at: Apply Now!
About Mercy For Animals
Mercy For Animals is dedicated to preventing cruelty to farmed animals and promoting compassionate food choices and policies.