Part-Time Marketing and Outreach Assistant to Director, Catskill Animal Sanctuary
Catskill Animal Sanctuary in Saugerties, NY, one of the country’s leading farmed animal sanctuaries and a center for promoting veganism, seeks a 20-hour per week media and outreach professional to join our team! Days, hours flexible. Duties include managing social media pages, writing press releases and pitching media, securing speaking engagements, conducting research, assisting with donor cultivation, possible shooting and editing video. Position reports to director, interfaces with communications team.
The ideal candidate is an upbeat and positive self-starter and team player with a deep commitment to veganism. Some remote work possible; however, candidate must generally be able to be on-site two days per week.
Minimum requirements include:
- 3 years’ professional experience in marketing or promotion
- superior communications skills
- expertise in media relations
- expertise in social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- video production skills highly desired
- four-year degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field
- an optimistic outlook and a desire to impact the world positively through one’s work